Star Struck ~ Nikki Thomas
Nikki Thomas is the sexy, sassy, savvy co-host of the KBLX Kevin Brown Morning Show. Nikki is reaching beyond the airwaves, intensifying her brand to include the Nikki Thomas Network. The NTN, is an interactive website with videos, profiles, and plethora information ranging from health, spirituality, love, and music.
We recently interviewed the radio host and as a result, Nikki became the muse for our newest web series, Star Struck, where Black Pearl Entertainment will interview our favorite talents and share their answers with you our viewing public. Enjoy!
1) Nikki, you’re known throughout the San Francisco Bay Area as the lovely co-host of the KBLX Kevin Brown Morning Show. How did you get started in Radio? What obstacles have you faced and how did you overcome them?
The Universe had a plan for me. It was 1992, and I was a junior at Xavier University in New Orleans. I chose other things for my electives classes, but somehow ended up in radio class. Then, ended up on the radio! Obstacles are wonderful things. I don't even use that word. When you aim to manifest something, eventually it will happen. The stuff in between doesn't really register as 'obstacles'....just 'lessons' and 'experiences'.
2) You’ve re-vamped the Nikki Thomas Network. NTN has a new look and more features, with an emphasis on community and health. Why did you create NTN, and what goals would you like to accomplish thru the Network?
Again, NTN is spirit at work. The name and idea came to me years ago. The word "network" encompasses so much: business, community, support, inspiration, and the literal meaning, as in "The Oprah Winfrey Network". I am building NTN as an empire. But, I am starting right here in the Bay Area, putting the spotlight on all the fabulous people and stories right here in our own backyard!
3) Michelle Obama is engaging youth into a healthier lifestyle with her “Let’s Move” campaign. You’ve done something similar with ‘Soul Yoga Tuesdays.’ How did you come to yoga, and long have you been a practicing yogi?
I have been practicing yoga off and on for over 10 years. The roots of yoga are in Africa. Yoga is calling the entire African American community. It's a movement! I hope to help address some of the health disparities in our community by empowering people to take charge of their health--body, mind, and SOUL!
4) You have the radio show, the Nikki Thomas Network, personal appearances, and your little lady, Marley. How do you stay balanced with so many things going on?
It's an ongoing process! Balance is something I work on daily. But, the tools are always there: yoga, good diet, plenty of water, great friends and family.....and a long hot bath always helps!
5) Lastly, besides Prince, what are three things that you can’t live without?
See Above. :-)
But, I'll spin that into this: The three Prince albums I can't live without:
Sign O'the Times